What is a cookie?
It´s a file that is downloaded to your computer or other device when you access certain web pages that collect information about your navigation on said website. In some cases, cookies are necessary to facilitate navigation and allow the storage and retrieval of information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment, among other things and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies used identification
Following the guidelines established by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, the cookies used on this website are classified as follows:
- Own:They are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third parties: They are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- Session-based: Collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent: They store the data in the terminal so that they can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie – from a few minutes to several years.
- Techniques: They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it.
- Personalisation or configuration: They allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which they access the service, the regional configuration from which they access at the service, etc.
- Analyses: They are used to measure the user’s activity when visiting the site or web page and to produce navigation statistics in order to improve the service, information, etc.
- Advertising: They are used to manage the frequency and content of the advertising shown.
- Tracking: They are used to display personalized advertising
The following table shows the website’s own and third-party cookies https://www.imesapi.com and the purpose for which each one is used.
|qtrans_front_language||This cookie remembers the user’s language selection, so it displays the site in the chosen language||Techniques|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Comprobar si el aviso de cookies ha sido leido o no||Techniques|
|wordpress-settings-*||Used to customize a WordPress user’s view of the administration interface, and possibly also the main site interface||Techniques|
|_ga||Cookie from Google Analytics that allows users to distinguish||Analytics|
|_gid||Cookie that limits the number of requests||Analytics|
|_gat||This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics, according to documentation it is used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites||Performance|
|_asc||This cookie is used to collect information on consumer behavior, which is sent to Alexa Analytics.||Analytics|
|YSC||This cookie is set by YouTube to track views of embedded videos.||Performance|
|1P_JAR||Used to limit the percentage of requests||Analytics|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIV||This cookie is set by Youtube to keep track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites;it can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.||Analytics|
|NID||This domain is owned by Google Inc. Although Google is primarily known as a search engine, the company provides a diverse range of products and services. Its main source of revenue however is advertising. Google tracks users extensively both through its own products and sites, and the numerous technologies embedded into many millions of websites around the world. It uses the data gathered from most of these services to profile the interests of web users and sell advertising space to organisations based on such interest profiles as well as aligning adverts to the content on the pages where its customer’s adverts appear||Advertising|
|ANID||This cookie is used to manage profiles based on the user’s interest and thus be able to show them personalized ads (Google)||Persistent|
|IDE||This domain is owned by Doubleclick (Google). The main business activity is: Doubleclick is Googles real time bidding advertising exchange.||Advertising|
|PREF||This cookie, which may be set by Google or Doubleclick, may be used by advertising partners to build a profile of interests to show relevant ads on other sites. It works by uniquely identifying your browser and device||Advertising|
|_auc||It is used to collect information about consumer behavior, which is sent to Alexa Analytics||Advertising|
|GPS||YouTube is a Google owned platform for hosting and sharing videos. YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites.||Advertising|
Management and deactivation or deletion of cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. Please read the help section of your browser carefully to learn more about how to activate “private mode” or unblock certain cookies.
Management and deactivation or deletion of Google Analytics cookies
You can change your mind about cookie management by returning to your settings .